Terms and Conditions
The holiday homes that we have available are privately owned and in order that we can have these properties available for your enjoyment, it is important that we protect owners for incidents that can occur. Please carefully read the following Terms & Conditions of your Holiday Rental.
- The deposit for your booking is 50% of the total tariff plus $100 non refundable booking fee. The deposit is payable within 48 hours and balance of all monies are payable 14 days prior to your arrival. A credit card surcharge of 1.5% will be added to all credit card transactions.
- Thanks to conscientious dog owners we are lucky to have a large selection of pet friendly homes available. A $33 surcharge applies per pet, per stay and only permitted at properties that are advertised as pet friendly. We request that you are mindful of good pet etiquette and clean up any droppings left behind, fill in any holes and repair gardens if required. Please also BYO doggie bed and under no circumstances allow pets on the furniture. Failure to do so may result in a bond withhold.
- A $25 BBQ cleaning fee may be charged for unclean BBQ’s.
- Rubbish that is left behind and exceeds the capacity of council provided bins, will attract a $50 rubbish removal fee or in excess thereof depending on the volume of rubbish to collect.
- A Cash on Delivery and a $25 call out fee may be charged for items that are left behind that need to be retrieved and posted back.
- Please report any damage, breakages or lost keys to our office. A $50 fee will be charged where spare keys need to be provided after hours. Guests must not attempt to break into premises when locked out.
- Linen hire is available for properties that do not supply linen and towels. The fee is $50 per bedpack and an additional $25 per bed if bedmaking is required. A bedpack consists of sheets, doona covers, pillow cases, bath towels, bath mat, face washer, hand towel and tea towels or guest may bring their own linen.
- Security Bonds can be held in the form of a credit card number to be provided on the Guest Registration form at time of making deposit / balance payment(s)QCHB reserves the right to withhold funds in full from the Security Bond and/or debit guests provided Credit Card details from the guest vacating date should the property not meet satisfactory standards for compensation of arranging a professional cleaner, breakages, damages and / or cost of tradesman. QCHB further reserves the right to hold funds until such time that quotations are completed and/or if applicable, owner liaison with insurance company is finalised.
- Special conditions apply for cancellations. All monies paid are non refundable unless we can re-let the property for the same period. If we are successful in re letting the property we will refund monies paid less $150 for booking and administration fee. In the event of cancellation, guests may be offered a “rain check” to use monies towards a booking at the same property within a specified time frame. A rain check cannot be offered to guests who fail to give a minimum of 2 weeks notice of cancellation and are provided at the discretion of the owner.
- In instances where a minimum of 3 months notice is given for cancellation of a booking QCHB will refund the full amount of tariff paid less $150 booking and administration fees.
- All reservations may be subject to owners approval. Whilst we endeavour to always ensure that your booking proceeds, on rare occasions owners reserve the right to cancel a booking. Should this occur, every reasonable effort will be made by QCHB to provide you with alternative accommodation.
- CANCELLATIONS – EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES:
Guests may receive a full refund (excluding credit card/bank fees) or be able to postpone their travel dates for the following reasons –
Natural disasters, terrorist activity, and civil/political unrest that prevent the guest from travelling to or from the destination, or that make it unsafe to host guests. Travel restrictions imposed by a government, law enforcement agency, or military that restrict travel to or from the listing or location.
- CANCELLATIONS – COVID-19 As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we’re updating our policies and procedures to better serve you. We encourage you to visit the Victorian State Government Department of Health and Human Services website for up to date travel information. Due to COVID-19 bookings may be subject to date change, changes to check in or out times, or cancellation. Guests will have the option to select a new date for their existing booking for up to 12 months should any of the below criteria impact their planned stay:
- You or an immediate family member becomes sick with COVID–19
- You are forced into self-isolation
- You are awaiting the results of a COVID–19 test or
- A State Government or Commonwealth Government directive is issued and means you are no longer able to travel to or from your destination. Any difference in booking value will need to be paid direct as per their usual booking terms and conditions. To request a change to booking dates in relation to the COVID-19 Cancellation Policy the customer will need to contact QCHB directly.
To utilise this policy a guest must:
- Have made their booking on our website at www.qchb.com.au and
- provide proof of COVID-19 impact as listed above.
Any cancellation which is deemed not applicable to the Covid Cancelation Policy will need to comply with usual terms and conditions.
Should any bookings be affected by government lockdowns, the option of moving dates will be available. Refunds are not available as Covid is no longer regarded as an unforeseen circumstance.
If a guest contracts Covid-19 (or is diagnosed as positively having the virus) whilst occupying the property under our management, the guest will be responsible for all costs of deep cleaning the property.
Our cleaners are now working to ‘COVID-19 Housekeeping Guidelines’ which based on publicly available information. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to guidelines. Any reliance placed on such information is therefore strictly at own risk.
- A Guest Registration Form is required to be completed for all bookings. The link will be provided to you via email when your booking is placed. Credit card details are requested on this form which are required for pre authorisation of Security Bonds. If this cannot be provided please contact our office on (03) 5258 3763.
- Our housekeeper has prepared your property to a high standard. We ask that you in turn show consideration and vacate the property in the same condition it was found. Please refer to the in house notice/ manual regarding bin collection and /or disposal and other housekeeping matters. Failure to show this consideration may result in QCHB withholding funds from your security bond to bring the property back to our standards.
- No guest under the age of 25 will be permitted to occupy holiday properties. We have a strict NO SCHOOLIES POLICY. QCHB participate in the Bad Books register. By accepting this booking you hereby agree that if you or any occupant covered by this booking, including any guests, breach our Terms & Conditions your name, Phone Number and Email addresses along with details of the breach / breaches may be disclosed to the property landlord and/or other agents participating in the Bad Book register. QCHB reserves the right to cancel a booking where a guest may be registered on Bad Books or if QCHB deem there to be insufficient information on the Booking Agreement or QCHB perceive the booking to be in a high risk category.
- Under certain extreme circumstances, QCHB reserve the right for guests to vacate immediately without refund if: a) there is malicious damage or untidy conduct at the premises b) causing public nuisance, excessive noise or any undesirable behaviour c) occupants are in excess of what is stated on the booking agreement d) ignoring warnings and /or requests from QCHB
- The descriptions of rental properties are made in good faith. QCHB will accept no responsibility for mis-description of properties.
- Prices may be subject to change without notice. Any monies received for rental on a property is considered a confirmed booking and therefore the price as originally stated will not change.
- No Smoking policy applies to all properties.
- Holiday properties are equipped with doonas, pillows and blankets. Unless otherwise stated on the website, guests are required to BYO doona covers, sheets, pillow cases, towels, face washer, handtowels, bathmats and tea towels. Other items you should bring with you are toiletries, washing detergent and toilet paper. Linen Hire and Bed making services are available.
Queenscliff and Coastal Holiday bookings respects the privacy of our Clients. It is the Policy of Queenscliff and Coastal Holiday bookings, that all information collected by us about our Clients is private, and will not be used for anything other than the provision of accommodation and services as requested directly by the Client and/or to satisfy obligations under law.
Queenscliff and Coastal Holiday bookings does not participate in unsolicited advertising mail outs and any personal information collected about Clients, their accommodation or purchases will not be sold or given to 3rd parties for the purpose of unsolicited advertising sales, contacts or market research.
I/We hereby acknowledge and agree that the Property Owner and Agent will not be held responsible nor liable for:
- any injury or loss suffered by the occupants, their invitees or guests whatsoever or howsoever caused whilst I/we are in occupancy of the holiday accommodation due to my/our failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions or House Rules;
- any injury or loss suffered by the occupants, their invitees or guests whatsoever or howsoever caused due to negligence on my/our/their part
- any injury or loss suffered by the occupants, their invitees or guests whatsoever or howsoever caused as a result of insects or wildlife in or around the holiday accommodation site. All occupants are to take specific care at all times within this rural area and requested not to approach any such wildlife under any circumstances.
- any noise, disturbance or inconvenience caused as a result of renovation/building/road works being carried out in or near the vicinity of the holiday accommodation
- the standard of any privately-owned holiday accommodation furnishings and fittings.
It is hereby agreed that the Agent provides holiday accommodation booking services only for and on behalf of the Property Owner. Any property descriptions or advertising materials are to be viewed as a general guide only. The Agent or its representatives will not be held responsible or liable for any deficiency in the holiday accommodation or its furniture/fittings.
The Property Owners reserve the right to cancel any holiday accommodation bookings at any time, and in this event, all reasonable endeavors will be used to offer you alternative holiday accommodation but without liability.
Queenscliff & Coastal Holiday Bookings (QCHB) values the privacy of credit card information and is committed to protecting the credit card details it holds and uses. QCHB will only use credit card details for its intended use as outlined in our booking agreement and Terms & Conditions. Credit card details will be destroyed in a secure manner when they are no longer needed by QCHB.